The regular January monthly meeting has been moved one week to Monday Jan 23rd at 7PM because Twenty One Pilots is loading in on Monday the 16th
We are Local #23 of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees. For 122 years, we are the crews who have been working behind the scenes, at
other venues throughout Rhode Island
-The Ryan Center at URI Kingston, RI
-Twin River Casino in Lincoln, RI
-Newport Yachting Center, Newport, RI
We provide professionals skilled in
-Wardrobe with IATSE Local 830
Contact our Business Agent Peter Vecchio
or phone: (401) 209-4177 to discuss what we can do for you.
Click here to Read more about us…
The regular November Local 23 monthly meeting has been moved forward one week to Monday November 28th, 7 PM at the Dunkin Donuts Center, because of a conflict with a Friars game on the regularly scheduled day.
Applications for apprenticeships in IATSE Local 23 RI Stagehands will only be available until October 31, 2016. After this date, we will not accept any more new applications. For questions about this process, please contact Mike Roberts at . Thanks
IATSE Local 23 Rhode Island is accepting apprenticeship applications from September 1st through October 31st, 2016
Local 23 IATSE apprenticeship committee will be recommending several workers for a 2 year apprenticeship program. the selection process will begin after october 31, 2016.
– Must be of legal age to engage in gainful employment (18 years).
– To be considered for apprenticeship, you must satisfy all financial obligations with the Local for this calendar year and up to the three previous years.
– Must serve a two year apprenticeship and pass an examination at the end of that period to become a journeyman.
– If accepted as an apprentice member there will be a $500.00 and a $100.00 fee for filing your apprentice application with the Local and the International.
– You must submit an apprenticeship candidate form post marked between September 1, 2016 and October 31, 2016 to be considered for this program. Committee members will be handing out this form at our various work sites and there is a downloadable PDF version on this website, link below.
Here is a link to the application form and more info,
please fill it out and mail it to the address listed on the form.